Hi folks! The FOSS@RIT Tech Team convened for our second meeting of the semester today. Below is a brief recap of the notes from our call. The next call will be Sunday, March 22nd at 3pm EDT.
Tech Team meeting agenda
- Welcomes, hellos, chit chat
- Developer meeting took place yesterday
- First few handlers are being written now that Go code is mostly stable
- Roughly on target
- Writing more handlers
- Expanding CI coverage for Go code
- Writing unit tests for handlers; doable but likely will be trickier than writing the actual handlers
- First Jekyll site is published, hooray!
- Would help to scope out next steps and future goals
Stories are how we brainstorm new ideas for a project. We came up with some “stories” to help us plan out what new tasks we take on for the Foss-profiles project.
- Closer integration with the FOSS@RIT website to make it easier to discover
- Integrate with FOSS website
- Ability to add profile pictures / icon for people
- Gravatar research?
- Show icons for git forges / social profiles
- Alphabetical sort
- Needs a little research
- Search bar
- Automate moving students to alums
- Second half-hour of future Tech Team meeting will be developer meeting for FOSS Profiles
- Next call is Sunday, March 22 @ 3pm EDT