Release of RIT Libraries API

Hello Foss Community,

I am new to the block, and was wondering if anyone knew about the RIT libraries current standing on accessing our own data about the books we take out. This would help me tremendously if I could get in touch without someone within RIT libraries, to talk about integrations with pre-existing systems or the creation of student developed API’s.

Student, Marcelo Escalante

1 Like

Hi Marcelo,

Give me a couple paragraphs on what you want to do and why and I’ll talk to the library

1 Like

Okay, so I always wanted to create an app that would take the books you pulled from the RIT library and give you information on your interests and potentially connect you with others with similar interests. I am not sure if the library has ANYTHING that gives access to that the specific information that would be needed like an API however.

I would be building a backend and retrieving from a DB (according to policies), and the thought is that students can give permission through there RIT.EDU email if they ever want to run the app themselves. Currently the project is in its conceptual phase, and I would appreciate any help I could get.

Student, Marcelo Escalante

1 Like

Ok I’ll see what might be possible

1 Like